A Recalimed Creosoted 2.6m long 250mm wide by 150mm thick Grade A sleeper.
Used European sleepers with a service life of 40+ years.
Garde A sleepers hand selected for better uniformity and less chunks missing compared to grade B counterparts.
- Only redwood timbers are used, with the majority being Pine. The redwood timber cell structure stays open when dried, meaning greater impregnation and retention compared with whitewood
- The timbers are dried to below 28% moisture content before treatment
- The creosote is heated to around 90 degrees and applied under pressure of appox 3 bar
- Creosote has a life expectancy of at least 40 years
- The colour of the treatment can vary from a light brown to an almost black colour. European standards has not established and do not refer to any connection between the shade of product and its quality
*HEALTH AND SAFETY*
Creosote can react with the skin and burn therefore when handling any creosote product (liquid or coated) you must wear the appropriate protective equipment, for example gloves, and avoid touching other surfaces after handling creosote until cleansed of any creosote residue.
Click here for a safety data sheet